Subdivision and Land Development
Plan Submission Guidelines
Plans shall be submitted to the Township Manager, or designate, at the Township office on any business day. However, the plans must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon on the 24th calendar day prior to a Township Planning Commission meeting in order to be placed on the agenda for that meeting. 10 copies of the plan, supplemental reports, agreements and notifications, proof of filing, by registered mail of a notice of the plan to adjacent property owners are required during submission. More information can be found in Chapter 135 of the Conewago Township Ordinances.
Do not hesitate to contact the Zoning Officer during the business hours of Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM, if you have concerns or questions.
Recording of Final Subdivision and Land Development Plans
- Applicant/Agent to sign the Resolution of Plan adoption prior to recording of the plans.
- Applicant/Agent to execute the subdivision and land development agreement and the completion of the maintenance guaranty.
After items one and two are completed then..
- Applicant/Agent to take plan sets to Adams County Office of Planning and Development for signature. Located at 19 Baltimore Street, Suite 101, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Phone: (717) 337 - 9824
- Applicant/Agent to take plan sets to Adams County Recorder of Deeds Office to be recorded. Located at Adams County Courthouse, 111-117 Baltimore Street, Room 102, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Phone (717) 337 - 9826
- Receipt of recording required to be returned to Conewago Township.
- Applicant/Agent to return the following to the Conewago Township Office:
- Receipt of recording
- One mylar plan set with original seals and signatures
- Three paper plan sets with original seals and signatures
Now earthmoving activities may commence (but not building construction). Please refer to Chapter 135/Subdivision and Land Development 135-12, 135-13 and 135-14 for further details.